Bon Appetite Comrade. Pasternak (Ryke)
Saw this on Danziger this afternoon.
On the way home from a great brunch with a new friend.
Off to a meeting with a British programmer and got off where my blackberry told me to. This was that view.
Von meinem drahtlosen BlackBerry®-Handheld gesendet
- I’m at ad:tech New York today. Looking forward to meeting a few people I’ve been speaking to on the phone.
- Off to vote.
- Listening to French conversation in the press room of #adtechny as I write a blog post. All I hear are web 2.0 brand names dropped every min.
- heading over to latitude bar for the #adtechny cocktail party. I really could use a drink after today.
- Obama is the 44th President of the United States.
- Google withdrawing from Yahoo deal; not worth the legal fight. Mission Accomplished.
- Off to The Emperor Has No Clothes: The Affluent Consumer Online @ #adtechny & @doshdosh Palin is done. Party going to mutate in next 4 yrs
- Playing with the new www.Plaxo.com site before getting the Higbie Bagels with the German.
- Eddie Bauer’s return policy, a huge part of their brand is purposely vague & disingenuous. The brand is old, tired, boring & will die a slow death
- Comments on my “DPA” post brought back memories of cruisin’, Monte Carlos, t-tops, IROC’s & Z. Cavariccis. What does DPA mean to you LI?
- Wish I could be in the Oval Office listening to the Bush & Obama conversation.
- I just got hit by friendly fire Rick Rolling Bea. Now I that stupid song stuck in my head.
- Back at my desk returning calls & emails. Fun having dinner with Rob, Melissa, Bea at Mexican Radio & drinks with team Greece at Pravada.
- Did the Google Analytics home page change? I like.
- My weekly review is going analog. Working with pencil and paper today.
- A product added to iliketotallyloveit.com only 6 hours ago by a first time submitter is already #3 on Google for its Key Word. I’m shocked.
- Off to see 007 at the new Tanger outlet movie theater. It’s a warm & damp long island night. Storm’s a-brewing.
- Double 0 Awesome. This Bond kicks A$$. The new theater @ Tanger Arches is a brand spanking new & clean, please tare down stinky Commack
- Digg Facts: Over 30 million users every month, about 16,000 submissions a day, and about 32,000 comments.
- Cleaning garage day here at the Barba’s & I found my Palm Pilot IIIxe. Damn, there is no way to connect it to any of my computers.
- Packing books and listening to mash-ups from the http://mashuptown.com/ podcast. Bose speakers, best present ever.
- Taking the German to Benihana’s tonight for something different. I think she’ll like it and I haven’t been since Abracadabra came out.
- Alan Keyes files a lawsuit over Obama eligibility. Why doesn’t this issue go away?
- Pondering. Will Obama offer McCain Sec. of Defense? Clinton Sec of State? What would Lincoln do? Would they accept it? Shouldn’t I be sleeping?
- Getting acquainted with the Google Analytics visualization feature. Watching trends for the past two years. Wish I could slow the speed down.
- What’s the etiquette when someone accepts a friendship/connection on a social network? Is emailing a thank you already too spammy? Thoughts?
- CEOs of GM, Ford & Chrysler flew private jets to DC to cry poverty. Go home & restructure before begging. Fire PR & fly first class back.
- I have 1 hour before the wife gets home. Let’s see how much of the Rezorter style sheet I can get done. Richard bear w/ me as I slow u down.
- That was a very very productive hour. Going to be a husband for a few hours, continue after she falls asleep. Thank you SomaFM Digitalis.
- Done for tonight. Can Richard & I rebuild/launch Rezorter.com in 7 days? That’s the challenge I’m enjoying. Going in a totally new direction
- ‘Twas the night before tomorrow, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, only tony B’s mouse.
- Great conversation w/ an Internets Celebrities of Ghetto Big Mac, Bodega & Checkmate fame.
- Felt great to go back to EUE/Screen Gems today, see the old gang. I’ve come full circle & ready for what’s coming next. I learned a lot there
- Listening to Kayne West’s new album. Love/hate him this guy is talented. The first track is very sad. 1st album since his mother passed on.
- Listening to Kanye’s new album again while working on the Rezorter UI design. The first track is my favorite. Album reminiscent of William Orbit
- How does my partner Richard work this fast? Now I have to catch up.
- Listening to Pink Floyd’s The Man & the Journey. Recorded live 1969.
- For some strange reason, everyone is awake at 5 am & ready to have breakfast. I guess she’s excited to get to work today too.
- Been going almost non-stop since 6 am. Going to take a little lunch break. Checkers (the poor man’s In & Out burger) here I come!
- There is so much in my life to be thankful for.
- While Bea sleeps I’m playing with her brand new MacBookPro. Glossy screen, no 2nd button, cold sharp aluminum edges but it’s looks awesome!
- Productive day of de-cluttering, organizing & packing. Found tons of cool stuff from my childhood. Taking Mrs. Barba out as my reward.
A VideoSong is a new Medium with two rules:
- What you see is what you hear (no lip-syncing for instruments or voice).
- If you hear it, at some point you see it (no hidden sounds).
Here is a few great examples:
Little did we know this guy would go on to create Patreon. Talk about scratching your own niche.
I just downloaded dropbox to my laptop so I can sync files with my desktop. This sure beats walking around with a memory stick around my neck. And it’s free for 2 gigs.
Here is how it works:
- Going for a walk on the beach. Field Five Robert Moses. It’s been a long 12 days. Feels good.
- Senate passes the bailout bill.
- The Obama team is amazing. They just released an iPhone recruiting, campaign tool. Gotta give credit where it’s due.
- British Airways refunded my hotel & meals for a canceled flight. Also, gave me a $200 credit for my next flight? Thanks for valuing my time.
- Today was a good day back. Made some positive progress on theClozing with Joe & got a surprise voice mail from my favorite real estate agent
- So wait. Barry Frank’s gay lover Herb Moses was a Fannie Mae exec. while they pushed relaxed lending restrictions.
- It’s so nice and peaceful to wake up in the middle of the night, do some great work for a couple-three hour and sneak back to bed.
- Howard Stern got married in NYC Friday. Guests @ Le Cirque, incl Joan Rivers, Barbara Walters, Billy Joel, Sarah Silverman & Robin Quivers
- Queen Latifah will play Gwen Ifill, on “SNL” this week.
- WTF? Is this viral marketing for Ghost Buster 3? There isn’t even an approved script yet. I like Akroyd more now.
- Went to 7-11 to get my Blueberry Coffee. They only had Obama cups. An employee said, “You think we’re stupid?” We sold out of the McCain cups.
- “I’ll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.” Just finished watching Raising Arizona with the Little Misses.
- Planning with @malte in the West Village. Think I need to find my passport tonight.
- I’m at the MLS Tech Fair on Long Island. Let’s see what new in Real Estate Technology.
- Working from the Sellsius booth @ the MLS Real Estate Tech Fair today. Gave a few industry people a sneak peek of http://theclozing.com.
- Settling into the couch to watch the debate. Met & had dinner with interesting people after the Tech Fair w Joe. I’ll follow-up tomorrow.
- Got a sneak peek at http://SkiNet.com TV. The player looks great & there’s plenty of good content. Can’t wait to go skiing this season.
- Damn. The National Debt Clock in NYC has run out of digits. Video History of Clock
- “Sometimes, they come up and bribe me with a cigarette, or they’ll give me a dollar to sign up”
- Let’s see how long I can go without watching, reading or listening to the news. What will I miss? Can I make it 24 hours?
- I did it. 24 hours with no political news. Spending the day in the Hamptons with Bea to recharge.
- Woke up in the middle of the night. Checked email, IM’d w/ Colorado & Germany. Watched XTC Video & didn’t check Drudge. News Embargo day two.
- I did it. No political/financial news over the weekend. I feel less stressed and more productive. Great because I have tons of work to do.
- I just got interviewed about Rezorter.com for Outside Magazine. Very cool.
- I like totally love the jetpack-tshirt.
- Wrote my first update. It’ll be the last post on that site since we’ve moved the blog off Blogspot.
- @JFSellsius has written the first post about our joint project called theClozing.com.
- Very pleased with the number of real estate blog submissions we’ve gotten for www.theclozing.com in only 10 hours.
- Had another very long, but productive day polishing the business plan & pitch presentation for the VC’s we’re meeting in Berlin next week.
- BUFFETT: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.
- Why does Yahoo charge its users for decent spam, virus & phishing protection? Yahoo has so much potential.
- Who Ray. I just found my German cell phone!
- Back in Berlin. Off to grab breakfast with @Malte. When can I find a dark brewed coffee in Mitte?
- They speak German in Berlin too? Everyone around me at cafe St. Oberholz is speaking English. My attempt to ordered in German failed again.
- Planning my day 4.0. Will be at Lunch 2.0 at noon.
- Why can’t there be a blogging software as simple and robust to use as when you are logged into Facebook?
- Back in my office today. Reaching out to everyone I met whilst in Berlin. So many interesting people doing interesting things.
- VistaPrint screwed me out of almost $200 by signing me up for PASSPORTTOFUN without my permission. One of those cancel after 30 days hit jobs
- The Economist endorsed Obama (2008), Kerry (2004), Bush (2000), Dole (1996), Clinton (1992), no-one (1988, 1984) & Reagan (1980)
- Now I remember why I’m such a huge Lost fan. Just watched the new season 5 promo
- Any suggestions for a weekend get-away destination close to NYC?
- We’re Nantucket bound. Made the executive decision to drive to Hyannis tonight & we’ll take the first Ferry over tomorrow with our bikes.